Step 2: ProALCAR+ Plus GBB (Target Fat) by PC Laboratories
Step 2 of our PC Laboratories Fat Loss System is designed to take the calories you are burning, during your daily activity, exercise and by using ProBurn Advanced and ensure they are coming from fat deposits and not muscle tone. The key ingredients in ProALCAR+ Plus GBB are Acetyl L-Carnitine and Gamma-butyrobetaine. These two ingredients work synergistically together to prioritize fat as your body’s primary source of fuel.
Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR)
Acetyl L-Carnitine is a natural fat burner that will assist the body to use fat as a primary source of energy. Carnitine does this by binding to and transporting fatty acids into the mitochondria of cells where fat is oxidized, or burnt, to generate energy. As well as being an effective, non-stimulant fat burner, ALCAR has also been tested in clinical studies and has been found to assist with cognitive function, memory, and mood.
Gamma-Butyrobetaine or GBB is a clinically trialled ingredient that has been proven to be a pre-cursor to L-Carnitine. This means GBB is the molecule your body converts into Carnitine. In clinical trials, supplementation of GBB resulted in a substantial increase of Carnitine presenting in the bloodstream of the subject. As mentioned above, Carnitine is essential in the fat burning process as it helps to generate energy using fatty acids. Additionally, supplementation with GBB has been shown to increase thermogenesis (increase in body temperature) which is great for fat burning as your body burns a lot of calories trying to return to homeostasis (cooling back down).
How to take ProALCAR+ Plus GBB:
Mix One 2g Scoop With 250-500ml Of Water (Or Drink Of Choice). Take Another Serve Before Lunch/Training With 250-500ml Of Water. We recommend taking ProBurn at the same time as your ProALCAR+. Drink at least 3 litres of water spread evenly throughout the day while using ProALCAR+. Use ProALCAR+ in conjunction with PC Laboratories ProBurn and ProCLA for best results.
ProALCAR+ Plus GBB Ingredients:
Ingredients: (Acetyl L-Carnitine HCL, Gamma-butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester Chloride, Anti-Caking Agents (553), (551)). Capsules Contain Gelatin. Packaged in Australia from local and imported ingredients.
WARNING: Do not take ProALCAR+ Plus GBB in excess of its recommended dosage. ProALCAR+ Plus GBB is intended only for adults over 18. Consult a licensed health-care practitioner before use. Do not use if you are pregnant, nursing or if you have a family history of heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke or any other disease, or using a prescription drug, or over-the-counter drug. Discontinue use immediately if you experience any adverse reactions. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
ProALCAR+ Plus GBB References:
- [Physiological functions of carnitine and carnitine transporters in the central nervous system]. | https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18646596 | L-Carnitine is an essential co-factor in the metabolism of lipids and consequently in the production of cellular energy. This molecule has important physiological roles, including its involvement in the beta-oxidation of fatty acids by facilitating the transport of long-chain fatty acids across the mitochondrial inner membrane as acylcarnitine esters.
- Chronic oral ingestion of L-carnitine and carbohydrate increases muscle carnitine content and alters muscle fuel metabolism during exercise in humans. | https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21224234/ |This is the first demonstration that human muscle TC can be increased by dietary means and results in muscle glycogen sparing during low intensity exercise (consistent with an increase in lipid utilisation)
- A Pilot Clinical Trial on L-Carnitine Supplementation in Combination with Motivation Training: Effects on Weight Management in Healthy Volunteers | https://file.scirp.org/pdf/FNS_2013022614070323.pdf | The administration of L-carnitine in combination with enhanced physical exercise may have led to the observed reduction of body weight by increasing the rate of fat oxidation. L-carnitine seems to induce a slow but consistent increase of muscle carnitine stores.
- Effects of oral L-carnitine supplementation on in vivo long-chain fatty acid oxidation in healthy adults. | https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12404185 |We observed a significant increase in (13)CO(2) exhalation. This is the first investigation to conclusively demonstrate that oral L-carnitine supplementation results in an increase in long-chain fatty acid oxidation in vivo in subjects without L-carnitine deficiency or without prolonged fatty acid metabolism.
- The effect of l-carnitine on fat oxidation, protein turnover, and body composition in slightly overweight subjects. | https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15281008 |L-carnitine supplementation led to a significant increase in 13C-fat oxidation whereas protein synthesis and breakdown rates remained unchanged, indicating that the increased dietary fat oxidation in slightly overweight subjects was not accompanied by protein catabolism.